Career Ready has launched its first-ever Youth Advisory Board to help tackle the issues facing young people across the UK. The eight-person board will use their lived experience of social mobility to support the future developments of the charity and ensure it is best equipped to empower young lives.
The board will have the responsibility to advise on current issues affecting young people; make suggestions to future programme improvements; work with Career Ready’s Senior Management Team to review performance; plan and run campaigns and events for young people and other stakeholders to the charity.
The Youth Board is made up of eight people under the age of 25 who have lived experience of social mobility. They are:
- Victoria Ayodeji: a Career Ready Alumni and university graduate from East London
- Marley Ahmed: a Career Ready Alumni and university graduate from South London
- Cameron Spence: A Career Ready Alumni and data executive from Edinburgh
- Jess Oliver: A Career Ready Alumni and manager in the hospitality sector from Essex
- Shannon Todd: A Career Ready Alumni and engineering apprentice from Fife
- Beth Ward: A current Career Ready student from Dundee
- Eloise Skinner: An author and former lawyer from East London
- Brooklyn Brigham: A current Career Ready student and young carer from Dunfermline
“Bringing together a group of young people to help shape our work, to challenge and inspire our thinking, has been our ambition for some time. This group of inspirational young people is exciting and full of hope and determination to do more for their peers. I can’t wait to work with them and connect their love for our work to our plans to do better things for even more young people.”
Mark Smith, COO of Career Ready
The Youth Advisory Board will meet approximately four times a year and act as a non-governing group in relation to Career Ready’s charitable obligations. The Chair (or nominated representative) will be invited into a Trustee role to ensure a link between the Trustees and the Youth Advisory Board. And an Executive Sponsor provided by Career Ready will provide general help and guidance to the Board and will Co-Chair during the first year of the group.
Career Ready is a UK-wide social mobility charity whose mission is to improve the social mobility of young people through a range of employability programmes that give them the skills, confidence, and networks needed to enjoy success in education and employment.t
Over the last year, Career Ready has supported 72,898 young people and delivered 177,726 employability activities, through a network of employers, volunteers, schools, and colleges.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.