We work in 101 Local Authorities across the UK, from Essex to Elgin, prioritising areas which research shows need our support the most. If you’d like to find out more about our work in your local area or to get involved then contact our team of Regional Managers.
To ensure that we support the young people, schools & colleges, and areas who need our support the most, we’re guided by Government data on Indices of Multiple Deprivation and the Careers & Enterprise Company’s Cold Spot framework. Meaning that we work in:
- 33/50 of the most disadvantaged Local Authorities in England, identified by English Index of Multiple Deprivation
- 6/9 Scottish Attainment Challenge Local Authorities.
- 54% of Scotland’s Local Authorities with the highest levels of deprivation, as identified by the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation
- 59% of Cold Spot Local Authorities, identified by the Careers & Enterprise Company
- 31% of our school & college partners are located in the 50 most disadvantaged Local Authorities
To ensure that we work inschools and colleges most in need of our support, we work with schools and colleges who meet the following framework:
- Non-fee-paying, UK state schools and colleges
- In an existing Career Ready area
- Priority is also given to non-academically selective schools and colleges