A four-week paid internship
Employers and Volunteers
Getting involved with our internship and mentoring programme enables your organisation to invest in the future workforce, help build a local talent pipeline, and develop the skills of your current employees.
How it works
We ask all of our employer supporters to provide each student they support with a paid, four-week summer internship as well as a mentor.
We work closely with our employer supporters to optimise the benefits to their organisation and ensure that it is a time-sensitive way for them to transform the lives of young people.
We ask employers to:
- Give students a formal interview experience
- Assign a supervisor to oversee the student’s work and provide feedback
- Provide a programme of real work
- Organise an end of internship presentation for the student to share what they’ve learnt during the internship
To support you, we will:
- Provide a pre-internship briefing, resources, and handbook to help you run the internship
- Keep in touch with you and the student throughout the internship
Impact and benefits
Our paid internships can transform lives – students experience what it’s really like to work and put the skills and knowledge they learnt from their mentor into practice.
Internships are also a great way to develop the talent within their organisation and help build a local talent pipeline:
- 91% of volunteers saying that, in just four weeks, their coaching skills had improved
- 72% of employers also said that, given the opportunity, they would hire their Career Ready intern
- 75% of students would, following their internship, consider working for their employer in the future