Career Ready is registered as a data controller with the ICO in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1988. We will process any personal information we collect about you in accordance with the Act and other legislation including The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Career Ready believes that our lawful basis under GDPR to be Legitimate Interest and we have documented our assessment to support that conclusion. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Any information you provide to us so we can process an application or enquiry
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our programme
- We may periodically send you information which we think you may find interesting or important using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Removal of Personal Data
If you are inactive as a volunteer with Career Ready for more than 2 years then your data will be automatically anonymised and all personal identifiers removed EXCEPT if you have mentored a student then your name, employer, DBS /PVG number and the date of issue of your certificate and the name of the student(s) will be retained for safeguarding purposes. This information will be retained indefinitely but will only be made available on request to Law Enforcement bodies.
Data for students is retained so that Career Ready can undertake research to test the impact of our programmes over time (alumni projects). Such research can be undertaken by Career Ready or other third party bodies employed by us, however, the data which results from such surveys will always be anonymised.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. You may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Career Ready, 25 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5LB or email the Data Protection Officer, Trefor Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us . We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.