Career Ready are delighted to announce Sandy Begbie – Director, Global People, Organisation & Culture Integration at Standard Life Aberdeen – as the new Chairperson of its Board of Trustees.
Sandy Begbie, who also serves as Chairperson of Career Ready Scotland’s Advisory Board, will replace Jeremy Palmer – CEO of QuantumBlack and a Senior Advisor of McKinsey & Co – who has served as Chairperson since 2015.
During his time as Chairperson, Jeremy Palmer has overseen the financial and operational growth of Career Ready, with more young people than ever now receiving its life-changing career support.
On his position as Chairperson, Sandy Begbie says:
- “I am delighted to have been appointed Chairperson at such an exciting time for Career Ready. Under Jeremy’s leadership and Anne as CEO, Career Ready are now in an excellent position to really grow and develop over the coming years. I am thoroughly looking forward to working with all my fellow Trustees, Board members, Anne and the wider team at Career Ready.”
Jeremy Palmer says:
- “After 11 years as Trustee and three as Chair of Career Ready, it is time for me to hand over the reins. It has been a huge privilege to work with the Trustees, National Advisory Board and all the staff at Career Ready, and I would like to thank them all for their support. I would particularly like to recognise the continuing commitment of Anne Spackman and her team to Career Ready’s mission of helping young people prepare for the world of work.”
- “I am delighted that Sandy Begbie has agreed to take over as Chair, and I know that he and Anne will provide excellent leadership as Career Ready helps more young people in its next phase of growth.”
Mark Smith, Career Ready’s Chief Operating Officer says:
- “We are incredibly thankful to Jeremy for his leadership and oversight over the last three years. He has helped grow Career Ready into the organisation it is today and he leaves us on a strong footing for the next steps in our growth journey.
- “Sandy’s wealth of knowledge and experience means he is ideally suited to take over from Jeremy at what is a very exciting time for Career Ready – as we look to support 90,000 young people across the UK every year.”
Career Ready is a UK-wide charity that links schools and colleges with employers to help prepare young people for the world of work. Career Ready currently supports 29,000 young people every year through 4,000 volunteers from 700 employers.