Career Ready and Standard Life Aberdeen, previously Standard Life and Aberdeen Asset Management, started a partnership in 2013 which has since gone onto change the lives of many young people across the UK.
How we work together
We are proud to work closely with Standard Life Aberdeen across Scotland and England. Their support, both financial and that of SLA employees being mentors, is vital in boosting social mobility and helping young people kickstart rewarding futures.
By being part of our employer network, Standard Life Aberdeen has also been able to tap into local pipelines of diverse, young talent.
Programme delivery across Scotland and England:
Mentoring and paid internships to students in Aberdeen & Aberdeenshire, Colchester, Edinburgh, Falkirk, London, Midlothian, and Tendring
- Mentors, paid internships, masterclasses and workplace visits across 35+ schools & colleges in London
- Support of our UK Mentor of the Year Award and Scotland Regional Student of the Year Awards
- A Capital Experience for young people in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland starting our programme
- Membership of our Edinburgh Local Advisory Board
Thanks to the financial and in-kind support of Standard Life Aberdeen:
- We’ll treble the number of young people we support to 90,000 by 2021
- We’ve been able to provide paid internships in third sector organisations, helping to boost diversity and social mobility in the charity sector
- Office space and resources for our Scotland team members
Since 2013, our partnership has achieved:
- 1655 paid internships, with 36 in the summer of 2019
- 126 employee mentors
- 5 former students now work at Standard Life Aberdeen, some via the Edinburgh Guarantee
Thanks to my mentor and paid internship at Standard Life Aberdeen, I’m now confident and equipped to build a successful future for myself. I’m now working in the Ministers Private Office in the Scottish Parliament.
Kieren Green, formerly of Craigroyston Community High School, Edinburgh
We’re proud of the difference we’ve been able to make to the lives of young people and Standard Life Aberdeen volunteers. Why not take a moment to read their stories?