About the Role
The Partnerships Development Manager (Regional) is a new role in our Fundraising & Business Development department and has been created to help us achieve our Fundraising Forward strategy. The post holder will be dedicated to generating new business with a responsibility for achieving £125k of mid-level new business wins (averaging £25k) this financial year (increasing thereafter). This new post supports our drive for rapid grow in the number of quality corporate partner relationships we have, to diversify the sectors we work in and to achieve holistic engagement with partners across financial support, programme delivery and wider skills-based volunteering & capacity building.
The post holder will report to the Director but work collaboratively alongside the Head of Partnership Development who focusses on predominantly high value/FTSE350 level wins. The post holder will personally prospect, pitch, negotiate and close deals with a portfolio of mid-level, regionally based supporters, The post holder will work collaboratively with our Regional Managers to unlock potential leads as well as tapping into the BD ops among our Local Advisory Board network, and bringing in completely new partners who don’t yet know that they should be working with us! The post holder will also collaborate with the Head of Corporate Partnerships to onboard their new partner wins into account management and see them go onto fulfil partnership goals and nurture year on year retention and growth.
Reporting to: Director of Fundraising & Business Development
Reports: None but significant cross org working
Contract: Full-time, perm, 35 Hours; (requests for flexible working between 28 – 35 hours week considered)
Please note – whilst the role is advertised as being based in our offices situated in Canary Wharf, London, Career Ready is currently operating as a remote-working organisation and will remain flexible in the future. During this remote-working period a WFH allowance of £300pa (pro rata) is paid.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Research, build, and develop our Corporate Partner pipeline, prospecting and relationship building and directly pursue a prioritised list of prospects to meet personal and team income target’s, inline with our sector strategy.
- Ensure that potential income sources are fully researched so that proposals can be appropriately targeted and that links with our local teams, LABs and wider supporter networks can be fully exploited.
- Use networking and commercial BD skills to cultivate potential donors, to make imaginative, accurate and timely partnership proposals and applications and to conclude each approach.
- Work with colleagues to ensure you have the appropriate programme narrative and insight, impact data, and governance policies to respond quickly and effectively to corporate income opportunities.
- Support our org wide work to research, develop and grow our High Net Worth network and employee fundraisers, through your corporate network.
- Support the Regional teams in their own BD pipelines and collaboratively utilise our local networks to develop long lasting social mobility partnerships.
- Working with local colleagues, devise and deliver cultivation and local BD activities, events and involvement strategies.
- At peak partner renewal times, work collaboratively with thein the team to support and nurture our partner portfolio to meet our retention and renewal targets.
- Build excellent relationships with the programme delivery team to identify and understand our programme and project needs and opportunities for partner engagement in the local areas you support.
- Champion our income strategy and goals to diversify the geographies and sectors from which we secure corporate partners.
- Experience and energy to drive fundraising from Corporate Partners;
- Strong commercial acumen gained to back up your passion to drive income;
- Demonstrable success of securing income and working with corporates to deliver our aims;
- Experience of creative proposal writing combined with the ability to demonstrate clear outcomes and impact and story telling;
- Good understanding of and experience working with corporate CSR, D&I, HR and commercial teams to build partnerships;
- Superb presentations skills and relationship management and networking;
- An good copy writer, with evidence of presenting a strong and compelling case to funders;
- Analytical skills and the ability to see an opportunity, make a connection and grab the moment in relation to partnership collaboration to meet mutual objectives;
- An independent thinker able to manage own workload and work to tight deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively with others and in a team, to convene and facilitate stakeholders to collaborate on projects.
- Knowledge or experience of co-created development approaches in partnership working;
- Knowledge, understanding and interest in social, political and economic issues relating to Career Ready’s mission.
You will also have:
- IT literacy skills (databases, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and be social media savvy.
- Proactively manage and motivate yourself to deliver against income targets
- Ability to approach financial objectives with an entrepreneurial mind set
- Apply a consultative, coaching and collaborative style in bid development
- Use clarity of thought to apply creative innovations in fundraising whilst ensuring Career Ready’s principles, values and practices are maintained
- Align work with multiple stakeholder needs (fundraising experience in the areas of education, employability, talent development are useful)
- Communicate inspirationally, accurately and effectively to a wide variety of audiences
- Manage a project from setting objectives through to delivery of outcomes, and prepare project budgets
Contract of employment, location and work hours
This is a permanent, full-time role (35 hours per week) but any requests for hours between 28 and 35 hours will be considered.
The role is based in our offices in Canary Wharf, London, however, to ensure the safety of our staff, Career Ready will remain a remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future. During this time a WFH allowance of £300pa (pro-rata) will be paid.
An enhanced criminal record (DBS) check conducted via Career Ready will be required for the role.
Salary & Benefits
- Plus 6% contribution to personal pension plan, subject to 3% employee contribution
- Annual leave: 25 days per annum plus bank/public holidays. The Charity is also closed between Christmas and New Year and there are an additional 2 days of leave available in August.
- Interest-free season ticket or bicycle purchase
- Access to both our Reward Gateway Portal and an Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Work Anniversary Gift Voucher
Closing date for applications: 9:00am on Monday 28 June 2021
Initial interviews will be held in the latter part of week commencing 5 July 2021 and second interviews for successful candidates will be held the following week.
If you are interested in the role, please apply submit your CV and a covering statement (of no more than 2 pages) that demonstrates clearly, through examples, how your experience meets the requirements of the role and what attracts you to Career Ready.
Please note that if your application is not accompanied by a covering letter your application will not be considered.
All applications to be submitted to email@example.com