About the Role
- Salary: £20,000 per year – paid at London Living Wage
- Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
- Supervised By: Volunteer Operations Manager
- Mentored By: Data Project Manager
- Contract: Full Time – Monday to Friday (9.00-17.00); Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
We are seeking a confident, energetic and meticulous person to support our Admin, Data and Central Operations Team and help further develop and administer our data interface represented by our CRM, Salesforce, with both internal and external users to ensure the smooth running of the charity.
You must want to work within an agile, passionate environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and young people focused.
This role is being funded by the Jack Petchey Foundation so you will also receive a substantial programme of structured development and support. It is our hope that the successful candidate will stay with us beyond the initial 12-month period and undertake a Level 4 qualification on Multiverse’s Data Fellowship Programme. Occasional travel in the UK may be required.
Please note – whilst the role is advertised as being based in our offices situated in Canary Wharf, London, Career Ready will remain a remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future. During this time a WFH allowance of £300pa (pro rata) is paid.
During the employment you may have to work remotely for large periods of time and whilst we will provide as much guidance, management and support as necessary you will inevitably need to work alone for periods of time so should be self-reliant and happy to do so.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To work closely with the Volunteer Operations Manager and Data Projects Manager to help deliver an accurate and robust data service to all our users
- Under guidance of the Volunteer Operations Manager and Data Project Manager deliver discreet data projects
- Monitor the Charity General Information and Mentor Email Inboxes and answer or signpost queries
- Support the broader team with the launch our new Alumni project – this will involve significant data management and communication with our service users as the offer goes live in the second half of 2021
- Respond to support tickets from staff and users (errors, data requests and queries). This may require problem solving, signposting or escalating problems or requests
- Eventually serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to Salesforce CRM and digital platform administration.
- Daily and weekly data QA checks
- Assist colleagues to build / run Salesforce reports
- Build and maintain a library of commonly used Salesforce report templates
- Regularly update the Salesforce user manual, in association with and under guidance from the Data Project Manager
- Be responsible for data accuracy in line with CR GDPR protocols
- Undertake regular data cleansing processes in line with CR GDPR protocols
- Enable and onboard volunteers, school staff and students during registration periods this will involve communicating with individuals and problem solving.
- Assist with the DBS safeguarding checking protocols.
- Create regular management statistics to provide staff with relevant information by which sound strategic decisions can be reliably made.
- Respond to other ad hoc requests (statistics, reports etc)
- This role is substantially funded by the Jack Petchey Internship Programme and the postholder will be required to join the Jack Petchey’s Intern Network and take full part in the their Development Programme and the Mentoring Programme.
- An enhanced criminal record (DBS) check conducted via Career Ready will be required for the role.
- Appointment will be subject to a 3-month probation period during which time the contract may be terminated with one week’s notice.
You will need to interact with the Business Development, Programme Delivery, (including Regional Managers) and Communications Teams and probably all in a single day.
Corporate and statutory bodies & companies, teachers, students & volunteers and Salesforce Project Developers.
It should be stressed that while we are looking for an individual with a necessary amount of technical skill it is more important for us to find the right person; someone who has the attitude and passion to work for us and help young people make the best possible transition into the world of work. The individual’s personal qualities and determination to learn will be the defining points in the process.
- A-Level or equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Studies or similar subject demonstrating numeracy/logical thinking
- At least 5 GCSEs A-C
- ESSENTIAL: An enthusiasm for working in the charity or education sector
- ESSENTIAL: An interest in pursuing a career in Databases and Data Analysis
- ESSENTIAL: Ability and confidence to build relationships with people
- ESSENTIAL: Experience in the full Microsoft Office suite of programmes including Word, Excel and Outlook
- DESIRABLE: Experience of using a CRM or database
- DESIRABLE: A grasp of the principles underpinning GDPR
- ESSENTIAL: High level of care and accuracy
- ESSENTIAL: Strong written and verbal communications skill
- ESSENTIAL: Strong numeracy and ability to think logically
- ESSENTIAL: Prioritisation and time-management skills
- ESSENTIAL: Good analytical and problem solving skills
- ESSENTIAL: Good organisational and administrative skills
- DESIRABLE: Previous use of a CRM
- ESSENTIAL: Adaptable and calm, able to respond to unforeseen circumstances, ability to prioritise multiple requests and meet external deadlines efficiently.
- ESSENTIAL: Enthusiastic
- ESSENTIAL: Meticulous and strong attention to detail
- ESSENTIAL: Inquisitive and willingness to learn and take on-board feedback
- ESSENTIAL: Good communication skills
- ESSENTIAL:Committed to the values and aims of the charity
Contract of employment, location and work hours
This is a permanent, full-time role (35 hours per week).
The role is based in our offices in Canary Wharf, London, however, to ensure the safety of our staff, Career Ready will remain a remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future. During this time a WFH allowance of £300pa (pro-rata) will be paid.
An enhanced criminal record (DBS) check conducted via Career Ready will be required for the role.
Salary & Benefits
- £20,000 per year – paid at London Living Wage
- Plus 6% contribution to personal pension plan, subject to 3% employee contribution
- Annual leave: 25 days per annum plus bank/public holidays. The Charity is also closed between Christmas and New Year and there are an additional 2 days of leave available in August.
- Interest-free season ticket or bicycle purchase loans.
- Access to both our Reward Gateway Portal and an Employee Assistance Programme
Closing date for applications Wednesday 17 March 2021 at 17:00.
Initial interviews will be held in week commencing 22 March 2021.
If you are interested in the role, please apply by submitting your CV and a covering letter (of no more than 2 pages) that demonstrates clearly, through examples, how your experience meets the requirements of the role and what attracts you to Career Ready.
Your application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if your application is not accompanied by a covering letter your application will not be considered.